Replacing or repairing a roof is a daunting enterprise. To help you make the right decisions about the roofing repair process, hire an insured, licensed, and OSHA-certified roofing inspector. He or she will make roofing estimates and determine if a new roof is necessary.
Ask your roofing inspector to check for the following:
- Rusty or corroded metal and loose shingles in the valleys, plumbing, vents, or near chimneys
- Split, broken, missing, or loose shingles or tiles at the ridge and hip lines
- Loose or exposed nails
- Overflowing gutters or excess water puddles on the roof
- That the roof is level and doesn't sag
- Previous repairs that may show trouble spots